The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learner should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6
mandatory units (24 credits).
For detailed information on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence
- This qualification provides progression to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in gym instruction.
- Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers.
- Learners may also progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside gym instructing in the health club environment.
- Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to Level 2 qualifications in Instructing Circuits, Exercise to Music and Aqua.